Principle of Compatibility
Attraction flows, it cannot be forced.
In the end, You attract to you, who you are: Like attracts Like!
Falling in love is but the finding of yourself in another,
and the Delight in that Discovery!
Attraction flows naturally: No pushing or pulling,
no begging or coaxing, no tricky manipulations,
Just comfortable compatibility,
straight forward and real, . . . mutually felt
(Changing Your Stripes Manual, Page 5-9)
Choosing a Great Mate
. by Matt Moody, Ph.D.
1. The younger your age at marriage, the higher your chances are of divorce.
Immature people make immature decisions.
2. Longer courtship with one’s eventual mate correlates to marital success.
Time invested in a courtship helps one to get to know the real person.
3. Experience a wide range of real-life activities during courtship.
Even if the courtship is long, relationships need to go beyond typical “dating” activities.
4. Be friends first, going too far too fast with physical affections will inhibit
the “getting to know” process. Romantic love is deaf, dumb, and blind.
5. Couples of the same religious standards are more likely to have a stable marriage.
A unity of religious beliefs and practices is a firm foundation.
6. Get a realistic idea of what married life is about. All great relationships require
a persistent and committed effort to renew, refresh, and maintain.
7. Be able to recognize warning signs of emotionally unhealthy people
Tendency to blame others
Gets angry quickly and often
Dwells upon the past, with resentment
Selfish: lives in the center of his/her world
Invests excessive time in giving self-justifying explanations
Drastic mood swing: feeling up & elated to feeling down & depressed
Addictions to alcohol, drugs, tobacco, caffeine, pornography, or sex
Poor relationships with parents or friends
8. Get yourself physically, emotionally, and spiritually healthy.
You will only attract potential partners that are as appealing as yourself!
9. The more values, attributes, and interests a couple has in common,
the more likely that marriage will endure & be satisfying. Find someone like yourself.
(Changing Your Stripes Manual, Page 6-2)
(Changing Your Stripes Manual, page 6-3)
* The previous List has been edited & embellished by Dr Matt and is based on
a list by Dr Neil Clark Warren in his book "Finding the Love of Your Life."
"We are each of us angels with one wing,
and can only fly embracing each other."
- Leonardo De Cresenzo
"If we have no peace,
it is because we have forgotten
that we belong to each other."
- Mother Teresa