Dr Matt's Archive of Answers
Talk to Dr Matt!
When you buy Changing Your Stripes
Come visit Dr Matt at Facebook
Sir, first of all my details:
name : Rani
currently pursuing : B.tech, Electronics and telecommunication engineering
my problem :
actually i am very frustrated of the fact that my result has been one of the worst in my passing out batch of school and i have landed up in comparably one of the worst engineering schools ......
i have been coaxing myself of my ways since then though this event took place 2 years before ..... i was till my 7th standard being quite an outgoing child though due to pressure of studies i started living fixed in my house , not jailed because i was free to do anything i wanted -- call friends , watch movie but i cut out all my physical activities ..... after all these sacrifices also result turned bad ......
since then i have become obsessed with seeking how i behave .... and here are some of my observations ----
1. i have a weird mind .... i do not do things thinking of what would follow but i think after doing .... e.g, i may play comp games for hours though i am nearsighted with large number , mourning later and though i know it is bad and such thought keeps coming to me i am not able to en-cash on it..result a deadlock...
2. i am very poor at making decisions , i may make plans but am never enough enthusiastic to carry them
3. i am obsessed with thinking my mind has been infected by lead ..... due to 2 facts :
a. i live in india where such is condition that lead paints are still legal ....
b. i live near industrial area and have a habit of nail biting ... increasing my lead exposure ....
4. poor concentration : when i study i cannot focus ... trillions of thoughts come to me at same time
5. i feel sleepy all the time
6. i can remember text, drawings, numbers etc but i am never able to remember paths to places, routes basically.
7. in every moment i keep on thinking that what if i did this , for e.g' if i wasted half an hour , i would waste another half thinking over why i wasted that half one and what i may have done in that half one ..... moreover,
i came across an article that states that effects of lead exposure can be reversed by enriched environment but i also know that mind develops fully by age of 13.
can environmental enrichment of neglected ones after this age reverse the negative lead effects ????
can mind change after this age (it obviously degrades at old age but can it improve ???? )
It's very nice to hear from you!
In order to address your problems, we need to establish a beginning point — a foundation. Truth is, answers to your problems will be DIFFERENT depending upon the premise that you assume about life -- that premise is the foundational beginning point.
In philosophy, the question of human beginnings is called Ontology: the study of what it means to "be." This is a good starting point, for we are called: Human Beings. Two words that suggest MORE than Human Bodies, . . . instead Human Be-ings -- the former being an orientation of entity (noun/object), and the latter being a realization of activity (verb/action).
Why is this significant? Because "brain" IS a physical object, whereas "mind" IS action of human thought -- brain and mind are NOT the same. How do I know this?
There are thousands of near-death accounts, where people experience the death of body, yet conscious awareness continues. Hence, the death of the Brain, but the continuance of the Mind.
There is much more to say, but first, we need to identify your Ontological Assumptions about Life: In other words, Who Are You? Why Do You Exist? What is the Purpose or Meaning of Your Existence?
These are foundational questions, and depending upon what you assume, or better . . . what you KNOW, then we can solve these problems:
1) obsessive circular thinking,
As for your the health of your BRAIN, various body parts will naturally rejuvenate and heal as YOU are careful to breath clean air, eat nutritious food, exercise your physical body, and finally nourish your eternal soul. How you can nourish your "eternal soul" depends upon your Ontological Assumptions — your Foundational Beginning Points!
Please answer these questions and I will take you further:
Who Are You?
Do you simply assume that your answers to these questions are correct,
* * * * * * *
For this is the Journey that men make:
Dr. Matt offers telephone counseling that will fix your problems fast!
The Greatest Prize
The book, "Changing Your Stripes" presents principles for getting out of
"Mastering a challenging situation
"Changing Your Stripes," teaches you the principles that lead to lasting change,
If these principles resonate and ring true,
Changing Your Stripes is a